Thanks again Qwik426. .. some of the cars pictured are still around.... two of the Super Stockers are but haven't been raced in years... from the Island pictures I have raced there for over 30 years and know most of the Mopars ... the burgundy Road Runner was owned by the Scerbo brothers from the Poconos.. the brother that drove the Road Runner passed away a few years ago.. the car is still around repainted orange and was racing at Island a few years ago owned by someone else.. the maroon Super Bee was actually owned by the then track operator , Tony Demarcky and driven by a friend off his.. Tony passed away a few years ago also and his daughter and son in law are the current owners / operators of Island I believe the Super Bee is still around... Bill Hejnars Dart was powered by a small block , he sold it a long time ago and the new owner put a big block in it I haven't seen it in years.. Bill went on to race a small block Daytona in Super Gas and was pretty successful until a giant wheel stand damaged the car and I believe he sold it right afterwards .. he was a good guy I bought a set of headers from him as well as an 8 inch 904 converter I still have today. Jerry Stein actually lives about a 1/2 mile from me and still has the Teachers Pet as well as a few other cars...Al Ruths Gertrude is still around also as a matter of fact I bought a set of Weld Wheels off the front of Gertrude two years ago and they are on my Dart now. Gertrude was in Hi Performance Magazine along with my Dart in an article about 10 second Mopars back in 1988.. The War Wagon has been resurrected and was at a Nostalgia race at Island last year.. Greg Van ess is the owner of the silver early Barracuda it had a small block he also still has it but hasn't raced it in years...Bob Favers 70 Cuda is also still around I talked to him at Atco last year and it has been turned into a street car. The Mopar Atlantic Nats were always so much fun we always had a good time .. Budman ( also in your pictures ) used to sell some of my spare parts for me and I actually made a few bucks sometimes ... Everybody still says Vinny and Richard are rolling over in their graves knowing what happened to their beloved track.

Last edited by 11secdart; 04/28/22 10:05 AM.

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV