[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just found these three tonight. The woman standing next to the Sutton and Walls 1964 Plymouth Belvedere, is my mother, Patricia. Tom Walls and my mother were married back in those days and Tom was race partners with Gary Sutton. A few years after Tom and my mother had my little sister in 1964, they would divorce and Tom left the area and racing too. My mother would remain very good friends with Gary Sutton and his wife Barbara. Gary continued racing and would eventually team up with Dave Schmitz, together they raced a A/SA 1970 Plymouth Cuda and remained partners for many years. Gary eventually won the 1991 Winter Nationals in Pomona in the 70 Cuda, his biggest racing achievement I believe. I grew up seeing the Cuda in Gary's home garage when we would go and visit "Uncle Gary and Aunt Barbara" and on a few occasions would go watch him race at the Fremont Drag strip. I didn't know Dave Schmitz back then, but I've spoken to him in recent years. I last saw Gary at my father's funeral a few months after his big win at Pomona.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BigDaddy440; 05/02/22 05:38 AM.

1969 A12 Roadrunner
1970 Plymouth Cuda
1968 Dodge Dart