Originally Posted by 11secdart
Ok ..You asked for it...

Ok ..You asked for it... Ernie Topping sold the Dart a long time ago to a guy on Long Island that supposedly still has it..When Ernie had it he set the G/S record at one time and was runner up in Stock at the NHRA Summernationals at Englishtown many years ago...

I forgot about his runner-up finish at the Summernationals!

"the brown 64 and the Endless Journey car are owned by Garage Mazdabrook last I heard from a friend of his is that he still has them..."

Yes, I know George's cars well. I was told by his "Endless Journey" 1963 Plymouth was a former Super Stock car, Max Wedge-powered. I don't know if it's an original one. The brown '64 Belvedere was 383-powered.

"Dave Leclair still has the 67 Native American I think , I heard he is the original owner , it was wrecked and redone awhile back ,he still races it on occasion but I haven't seen it in a few years."

Dave's not the original owner. He bought it from someone (original owner?) who was set to torch the car after stripping it of its drivetrain. At least that's what I read in Mopar Action magazine back in the early 1990s when they featured Dave's RO23 in article.

I have photos of it back in the late-1960s when it was called The AMERICAN in great big letters running along the side of the car. If you enlarge the photos I posted you can faintly make out that name.

"Seeing the two red 64s racing .. the Franks Inc car was Frank Lupo and a few other guys I think Lenny was a part of the crew also.."

I was wondering whose car that was all these years!

"I am not sure as I don't remember the Enforcer Challenger.. I could be wrong but it might be the same car that Ray Cook and Art Leong won a championship with."

I believe you are correct. Cook & Leong has at least two convertibles and one hardtop.

"Nick Reiter still races the 71 Charger is Stock"

I've seen Nick's Charger race seems like forever since at least the late-1970s.

"The Maroon Dart Sport racing the Vette was a stick car running in Stock one of the owners used to run it as part of Ken Kopeckys team here in N.J.( as was a silver Volare that Rich Hoerth ( Budmans brother )..."

I didn't know that.

"drove to the Division One stock championship years ago )"

That, I remember!

"The blue Arrow was raced by Rich Hoerths ex wife Barbara the car was sold to Duane Smith at one point"

Yep, I remember that. I believe that Arrow was originally raced by Steve Schweitzer from Pennsylvania.

Last edited by Qwik426; 04/30/22 11:27 PM.