In the last post I mentioned changing the n20 plate from a spray bar style to a ZEX perimeter plate due to the powder coating coming off. Interestingly the perimeter plate hits much, much softer than the spray bar plate even with a faster ramp in rate on the progressive.

I also had swapped out the DP4B/Performer to a Holley Street Dominator intake and it seems to have killed the bottle neck at 5800. I am now able to hit the limiter at 6300RPM which is interesting. It took a little getting used to having such a short legged engine when you are used to a 7000ish RPM redline. The intake seal went away after a few days so I removed it, cleaned everything and measured gaps at the bottom of all port flanges. I measured variances from .003-.010 and figured a .030 (uncompressed) gasket between the bathtub gasket and manifold would seal it up. Luckily it worked perfect and really helped me get the carb dialed in having steady AFR values. When the intake seal went loco AFR was all over the place. I think that might have been my last oil leak for this one..I hope.

Ran the No Prep event at Medford dragstrip this weekend! It was a good time and I made 10 n20 passes. By the end of the night I was launching it at 5k RPM with a .5s delay in the progressive starting at 80% and ramping for .5s. Left hard and "4-speed straight" with some shock tuning we did in the driveway last week. Still on the 235-60-14 M&H muscle car bias tire.

I'll repost some pictures from the track photographer when they come out. I tried so many times to post pics here but they are too big or sideways so I gave up. Hopefully I can hotlink some content. None of my friends or family showed up so as usual I was all by myself. Oh well.

There were a ton of cool mopars. At least 3 or 4 turbo cars from a 906 headed blow through deal to Gabe Cogswell's Devil Dart with the billet twin turbo HEMI. If you haven't seen Gabe's car google it. It's sick! He told me it went 174 in the 1/8th over the summer! Still wrapping my mind around that number lol.

I ended up being the *only* daily driver entry that stuck around (also only car in DD tuning Friday night) so after winning my class by default they bumped me into the 275 tire class. Now we are bringing a knife to a gun fight and the GTS is way outclassed. Running a group of cars with cal tracs and power adders. Purpose built cars for the most part. Luckily that made me continue to turn it up lol. Nothing like peer pressure huh.

Luckily I drew the bye (odd number of cars running) and then ran a blown, dual 4 barrel 64-65 Chevelle that had an oiling problem. He bought back in and I ran him in the semi's and aaaaaaaaalmost had him from the gate but he came around me when I hit the limiter in 3rd right at the 1/8th. Need that solid roller. It felt pretty good leaving on a blown BBC on a 275 tire and actually having a race with it in my very small tire 4 speed Dart with the factory exhaust manifolds, valve covers and air cleaner.

Really looking forward to 2022!

This winter my plans are:

Roller Cam/Lifter/Comp Pro Mag rockers
Seat foam/covers (my eyes are still burning lol)
Dana 60
28x9 slick or a DOT bias equivalent to the 275/60/15

Other than that the 451 still sounds great, clutch feels awesome and the transmission is holding up to WOT power shifting. To me having everything stay intact and functional is a win in itself.

Thanks for Cab, HardcoreB, Dwayne at PRH and a few other of my buddies that have answered questions and let me bounce tech questions off of them. It really came together at this last race.

Also thanks to AndyF for helping me with my throttle linkage at the last minute! His solution worked awesome as always.