Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Cool car/combo! What are the rules for this class you are racing? Who is all involved when you say "Our '68.." It would be nice if you could fit it for a 'small tire' (28x10.5) once you start fabbing things for the dana swap. As has been said moving the axle rearward and maybe pinching part of the framerail...shouldn't be too bad.

Our meaning my family. This is our go and get ice cream car if you know what I mean. Nothing like your 4yo kid running out of the house chanting "burn out burn out.." lol! My wife is very, very supportive of my car hobby and even has four Mopars herself.

This frame pinching you speak of...is that a '68 SS Dart thing and can you point me to an example? I do not want to mini tub the car because it would IMO greatly diminish the value should I ever sell it. I could boogie pretty good on a L60 I'm sure of that. I always figured 275/60/15 would be maxing out the stock wheel well.

The class I run is "daily driver" - DOT tire, no roll bar, anything goes (within reason). I'd have to look and see if they limit tread width to 10.5 or not. It's all for fun as I'm more into cars and engineering than I am competitive. It's a great way to blow off some steam.

Thanks for the compliments and support!