Originally Posted by topfueldart
Originally Posted by Jeremiah

The tires are M&H DOT bias plys with tread. I'm afraid to put a "real" tire under it with the 8.75. I almost have enough parts to build a dana for it and when that happens I'll upgrade to a 15" wheel/tire combo and move the springs in 1/2" using offset hangers.

Does anybody know how big of a tire you can get away with on a '68 Dart with the offset hangers?

If it wasn't a street car I'd have to find some Supertricks for it too.

Comfortably.... a 255/60/15 drag radial. A 275 or 28/10.5 slick is pretty tight and requires perfect backspace and potentially wheel lip removal, unless you jack the rear up a bit. If you are going to build a rear end, buy the wheels/tires you want, set them under the car in the perfect spot, and take your overall measurement before cutting a housing or buying axles.

Car is super cool up

Thank you for the info and compliment. I have a housing with the end chopped off so we can do a "perfect scenario" mockup. I don't want to trim the wheel lip although there isn't much of one. I wonder if I could fit an 8" slick on a 8" rim? Being a stick car I am pretty much in bias ply land for now. Having a taller tire would help things immenesly.