Not a very productive week.

My son got a text from a co-worker that he (the co-worker) had covid. So my son went and got tested, but it was lab-type test, with 3-5 days to get results. I had to warn off the cleaning folks, and the painter for inside the house until we had results.

Work was super busy, and looks to be so for the next couple of weeks.

My son finally got the all-clear from his covid test, but the crews have to be rescheduled and have not returned.

I then got my second covid shot on Friday. While I did not have the kind of fatigue that I did the first time, I was a little lethargic yesterday, and only worked out there from 2-7. I did uncover a few nice Mopar parts, all of which seem to have survived OK.

My stack of forged Mirada wheels survived. Bought these 20 years ago. The clear coat is beginning to yellow very slightly, more from age I think. One has a touch of corrosion that crept around from the side where there is no clear, up under the edge of the machined/cleared surface. Could be used as-is, cleaned up at home, or professionally redone. We'll see.

[Linked Image]

Some of this stuff I bought so long ago, and there are variations on parts over the years, I'm going to have to refresh my memory on. This is a narrow tank for a Cordoba (and other late B-bodies). Used on cars ordered with the H.P. 400 and dual exhaust (std. tank is wider and offset to the driver side, eliminating room for the factory tail pipe and resonator, where this narrow one looks very much like a 3rd gen. Charger piece, sits centered in the body with room for exhaust down either side of the tank). Not very many made, which makes the tanks pretty rare. And it's not reproduced. Got this one as part of a lot purchase up in Toronto, Canada in the early 2000s. Was a new tank, modified with a sump (on the bottom side) for drag racing. Not sure if I'll use it as-is, or have a tank shop patch it. Includes a sending unit.

[Linked Image]

4 "Cordoba" hood seals, that go at the leading edge of the hood and seal to the core support. The '77 original is a very thin piece of rubber, and did not age well. My 38k mile car was missing it's seal, to give you an idea of how often they are missing. There is an original in that stack that I found on a Cordoba at Warhoops (salvage) back in '99. Sort of a miracle it survived. Still in good shape, semi soft/brittle. There's another thin one that is probably a '78/'79 part, which is just a subtly different design. Then there's the odd-ball, looks like that same '78/'79 design, but in a very different material...much thicker, and made of a very very soft, flexible material. There's a 4th one...but I don't know what it fits! laugh A pair of Studebaker trim mouldings, and a new in the box bug shield for the Suburban that I didn't even know I had. facepalm

[Linked Image]

And another Mopar tank. As much as I have perfect recollection of who/when/where and why I bought that other one, I have no recall of where this one came from. Probably ebay, but it's a very different shape than the black one. Going to have to do some homework.

[Linked Image]

A 6-way manual seat base for the Charger, bought from a forum member (thanks Tom!).

[Linked Image]

Once this tank is cleaned up and moved (along with all the other stuff) to the back garage, that end of the side wall is done. Cleaners will take care of the rest (because they are not car parts).

[Linked Image]

But I still have this corner to do. The good news is it's not all cars parts. But there are some in there, and many of them big body panels.

[Linked Image]

I'll be out there again today.

DynoDave
Walter P. Chrysler Club - Great Lakes Region
Member # 12304
1970 Plymouth Duster
1972 Dodge Charger Rallye
https://wichargerguy.proboards.com/
1977 Chrysler Cordoba