I'll save all the details on this for another day. But the car has been in our family since new. 1977, 38k miles, 400 4barrel, Formal Sunfire Black Metallic paint, black halo top, black leather interior. The body needs work, and the suspension needs some love. The interior is good, and the car complete. A recent job changefor both the wife and I (pre-C-19 virus) has me hopefully that I can finally get some work done on this (and other) projects.

First step, gutting the old repo battery to make room inside for an Odyssey PC925. Inspiration from Moparts members RealWing and 6PKRTSE. A proper resto battery is THE look for these cars when they have an original, uncut battery ThermoGard. I'm starting on that tonight.

BATTERY THREAD 1

BATTERY THREAD 2

Before Tuesday I want to get the radiator out of it. It split open the last time I drove the car. It's been confined to the front garage (which is heated in the winter) ever since. There's a local shop that I want to have re-core it (putting in a 2 row in place of the factory 1 row).

If I can keep the momentum up through the spring and summer, the gas tank should be pulled and cleaned at a minimum. Preferably I'll swap it for a narrow (dual exhaust) tank. I have a couple of options there. While that's out, I'd like to also swap axles. The factory 8.25 with 2.4 ratio on open diff is not gonna get it long term. I have a complete, drum-to-drum '71 Road Runner 8.75 3.23 ratio SureGrip axle with good leaf springs sitting on the floor. I would like to clean it up before I put it in. The springs are badly needed, as the originals have 100% failed, and it is sitting on it's bump stops.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by DynoDave; 04/10/20 04:11 PM.

DynoDave
Walter P. Chrysler Club - Great Lakes Region
Member # 12304
1970 Plymouth Duster
1972 Dodge Charger Rallye
https://wichargerguy.proboards.com/
1977 Chrysler Cordoba