My old Arrington heads used W2-W5 exhaust patterns. In fact the subplates from my W2's were a perfect match. Seems to me these heads were perfect for strokers as I ran them at 48 degrees with nitrous. I would have liked 18 head bolts but this gets into rule issues in some classes. 48 degree stuff gets into rule issues in some classes also. Seems to me that W5 heads with the intake runners raised on up, the rocker pad raised longer valves. And come up with a new intake that would fit the "NEW W5" as well as W7-9 combos. I know I am asking a lot as the likelehood of a return of the W5 is probably slim. But, why not make it better. It's sad when bowtie boys can get complete race heads for less than $1K. And we are expected to invest $2K for something that is not as good. Mopar gave us a better starting point raised cam wide pan rails tall decks everthing wanted by brand X guys to make strokers we already have made in the blocks. If the repo blocks had been made like advertised they would have been perfect for these kind of builds. One problem I run into is when at SEMA or PRI I get rediculous answers to why MP done something that basically screwed the sportsman racer. I am reaching into a more hardcore market but take the alluminum block for instance it is a nightmare and cost the customer double to complete than the other brands. And when you ask that question the reply is well if we had it to do over again we would have done this. Not only did they redesign it but they raised the price and still did not give us what we wanted. I have a set of W8 heads that are at CFE and it is going to cost a fortune to repair. If they were chevies I could purchase them done for half the money. Everytime I think I have found a new casting for sale advertised drag race heads they turn out to be circle track stuff. I think any W5 offering would be a great opportunity but in my experience with MP it will never happen.

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.