Originally Posted by 1968RR
Originally Posted by Pale_Roader

Seems i'm in the opposite boat/mindset as many here. SINCE things got serious, i have made more money selling stuff than i made all last year. Mind you, much ov that was gym equipment, and gyms are closing here, but some car parts as well. I'm hoping since the market is going to dry up HARD here (everything we sell comes from the South side ov a closed border), that people start thinking more budget, maybe think more hotrodder... and buy more used parts. Nothing but time on people's hands now, and the stores might close too... and so the used market might just respond...

Luckily i'm in a less than dire financial position, for once. Just wish i had a car to work on.

The border isn't closed to commercial traffic, so parts that are made in Mexico shouldn't start to disappear anytime soon, I wouldn't think. Although it is closed to non-essential travel, you can still cross over if you claim that you're crossing to do some shopping (which is technically commerce, I guess).

Not anymore. There is a massive lot ov people here who shop in the States, and they just shut that down. No more daytrips to Trader Joes. No more buying gas in Sumas. So 'commercial' means truckloads ov food, essentials basically. Where my issue sits is right in the middle ov the gray area. I'll find out tomorrow.