After considering how the supply line is being affected, a couple weeks ago I bought parts from Rock Auto to do the front brakes on my ‘14 Dart as I know it’s gotta be close to time. I didn’t want to go to do it in May and find them back ordered! And when I parked my late model Challenger for winter last fall, I could tell it’s 10 year old battery was on its last legs, so bought and installed a new battery.
I usually put the insurance back on it around now, but given the current situation working from home for my job, and grounded for my side work, I don’t know when I’ll start driving it again.
I forgot the wise adage about catching a falling knife and bought a couple high quality defensive stocks last week just to see them fall over 10% more within days.
I have wanted to buy a used pickup and there might be bargains soon, and I am planning to get repro polyglas tires for my convertible, but for now I think I’ll hang tight to see if my job and the US economy survives!
I sold a mutual fund last fall and used the money to pay off my mortgage, so now I have no debt. At least I’ve got that going for me in a very trying time.