You want good serviceability but you don't want a 5.9? Not gonna get it from a 4.7. when I bought mine I passed on several to stay away from that engine. I wanted to either a 318 or a 360 or nothing.
, tried and true engines that have been around forever, a known quantity. Bought mine with 214k miles, has the 360, at 258k I did spring for a rebuild of the engine and transmission. Had a problem with the rebuild, wound up getting some bum EQ heads, guides were too tight on brand new "ready to run" heads, not the engines fault. Body is still in fantastic shape, so I decided it was worth doing. Did have a problem with the computer a few thousand miles before I pulled the engine, misfires on a few cylinders, most on #6, sent computer in and was told see solder joints came loose holding a chip on the board.
But the 1st 40k miles that we put on it were great. Drove down to Houston and Galveston from Chicago and back and it surprised me on gas mileage on that trip. Around 20 most of the time, down and back. Wouldn't have thought that.
I did replace the ball joints like the 3rd day I owned it.
If I had to buy another I would as long as it would be as rust free as this one is 03- older, and again NOT a 4.7. Around here the 04 and up ones are rotted out worse than the older ones.