the 2000 - 2003 tow really well handle good pretty reliable 4wd stuff, the 5.2 5.9 trannys need proper care or you will think they are junk, do band adjustments every couple years along with a trans service and learn the difference between a bad gov solenoid/sensor and a bad transmission, lots of people come in here asking me to rebuild their transmission and all they really need is one or both of those, same with band adjustments.

The 4.7 engine needs timing chains typically around 150,000, probably should do lifters and head gaskets all at the same time to save a few bucks on labor. The trans was way less fussy on those.

The 5.7 is the way to go, they get the best MPG the most power and most reliable overall except if you run through a puddle you will hydrolock the engine (supposedly the reason they like to kick a rod out of a perfectly good well maintained engine).

If you just can't get over the butt ugly body the 5.7 came in I would get a 5.2 or 5.9. The 4.7 is slow and not much if any better on gas. The only good thing about the 4.7 is they can be had cheap.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!