Originally Posted By Challenger 1
We have a 2005 hemi with 120K miles on it. Bought it used with 50K miles on it.

It has never broke down, did need a EGR valve at 65-70K miles(set off a code) Got a new gas tank and air bags under recalls that did not cost us anything.

There is now some rust around the rear wheel wells. I recently put a new muffler and tail pipe on it and new tires. It is AWD and 4 wheel drive and we drive it every winter. I used a personal snow plow on it for a few winters. We have had it since about 2007.

I don't like getting in and out of it being a big guy as I hit my head on the windshield pillar if I am not careful. My wife drives it 95% of the time and likes it. It does have a pretty good blind spot too looking over your shoulder. Wife got in a fender bender because of it.

Overall I give it a B...we still have it because it has been reliable. Has a killer Bose stereo in it with leather and tons of power. Uses lot's gas though.

Couple more things about our durango, when the muffler got a rust hole in it the hemi sounded pretty tough! Some guys would pay good money for that sound! LOL Fresh exhaust system gave the thing a new solid feel. The wife likes it again now that it is quiet again. The exhaust parts were pretty cheap off amazon and I installed it in a hour or 2.

It has had a rattle in the front end for like 30K miles. I pretty sure it could use some bushings of some sort. Handling and tire wear has been good so am not worrying about it.

I put the goodyear wranglers back on it after the original set lasted 70K miles.

Then just recently put 4 new ones on it as the ones that were on it had 50K miles but were 7 years old with about 1/2 tread left. She blew a tire on the interstate in Iowa during trip to Montana in it. So we got 4 new tires when she got home. Used the 10-12 year old spare to get her home. I was sitting on pins and needles until she got home.

The moral of my story is the new tires ride so much better than the old hard Goodyears that was on it. Amazing to me that the new tires were so much better riding. I put Firestone destination(economy tire) on it this time since I don't know how much longer we will keep it.

Actually this is the only rust so far, on one corner.

I took these picture tonight. She keeps it clean.