We have a 2000 4.7 4x4 Durango.

I really like the thing. We bought it totaled from a friend. He replaced the ball joints on the driver side due to the accident but, everything else was cosmetic.

We purchased it with 112k on it and it now has 162k.

I had the rear pinion seal replaced as it was leaking. I had both exhaust manifold gaskets replaced due to leaks. Of course, the studs broke off on the one side so; it was almost $600 to have that done. The steering shaft for the column (with the universal joint) has also been replaced. Lastly, I had the 4x4 linkage grommet replaced too as it came apart one day.

I’ve replaced the passenger side ball joints. Put all new shocks on it. Had to replace most of the exhaust due to rust.

Now that I type it up, it seems like we’ve had to do a lot to the thing but, it has been a good vehicle. Never left us stranded and gets us from point a to b.

I will say that the only thing I hate about the car is the gas mileage. Putting around town, we get about 13. I took it to Carlisle about 3 years ago and it got about 16 mpg’s; that’s as good as it gets.

It’s a beast in the snow.