Had an 02 with the 4.7l that I bought used and was nothing but a problem from day 1. I should have done a more thorough test drive.

Had the center console with thin armrest. I was always fighting with my girlfriend for it to rest our arms when we went for a ride in it.

had a noticeable wind noise no one could ever solve. In fact one response here when I had a post asking if anyone else had an issue was to "turn up the radio or put a flowmaster on it". Dealer brought it to a trim shop. Schmuck there used a cigarette to check the windshield for air leaks. Moron put a hole in my sun visor and then played dumb.

Later on.

Body rust around the cladding package.

Mine had the rear a/c package. There is a long line from the a/c compressor to the rear body. Mine blew out one night and was very noticeable! It's between the frame and body and not easily (or cheaply) serviced. Entire system could not be charged with the rear a/c line breached. I did buy the line which wasn't cheap even when discounted. Ended up giving it back to the dealer and had to eat the money spent. There is/was a company that made a bypass kit to eliminate the rear a/c but could never reach them. So no a/c last 2 years of ownership.

Had the brake system gone through, pads, rotors, etc - 1 year later the calipers froze and wiped out the new pads and rotors that I had to buy all over again. That one is probably on poor installation by the mechanic.

4.7 developed issues at 80K, low oil pressure, noises,.

At this point, I was pretty fed up as the Durango was a major money pit and "traded it in" LOL for $500 measly dollars. No one wanted it! Not even the salvage yards!!! And I called at least 3 of 'em.

Worst Mopar that I have ever owned despite my best efforts to maintain it. It was never neglected by me and I spent quite a bit of money on it.

I don't miss it. POS! I think every Chrysler made during the Daimler regime is cursed. My 2000 Chrysler LHS is a better vehicle but those cars have their funky characteristics (plural!) too. I won't even start on my Dad's 01 Dakota and the adventures with that thing.

Last edited by Ron_M; 07/13/18 03:24 PM.

Common sense is a flower that does not grow in everybody's garden