I am on my 5'th Durango. (1) 1'st gen, (2) 2'nd gen and (2) 3'rd gen. The first was a 5.9 and Hemi's since. Each one better than the last. The last two I have traded at 165-175k miles running fine in all respects.

Goes without saying, I like them.

Each one has gotten better mileage.

In terms of issues to watch out for... On the 1'st gen, watch the 9" rear for leaks. If not caught can be expensive. My 2'nd gen had rust around the tailgate handle. I re-finished it before it was an issue.

I have towed with all. Open trailers with (up to) 5000 # PU on board and medium box type trailers. Great towing vehicles within their capacity.

My 3'rd generation 2015 typically gets 19 MPG highway. The tricks like 7 speed transmission, VVT and cylinder de-activation do help drivability and mileage.

I have driven a rental 3'rd gen with V6 and it did surprisingly well with just me in it. Loaded to the roof with people and/or luggage or towing would be different I think.

If you are looking at one with 4.7, be careful. Many posts on this engine which is super sensitive to past maintenance.