Its been 7 years this July and I have never had such a hard time getting a car together in my life! Between over priced parts, junk parts, that need to be re engineered, or just plan ridiculous stupidity dealing with vendors. I have no intention of ever building another car. Honestly I think guys thinking of building a car should get their heads checked and the vendors are putting themselves out of business. Guys its not worth it. Prices of cars are too high and when you stack that on top of prices for parts and materials you'd have 10 times what a vehicle is worth when you done. And thats if your not a body guy or mechanical and can do work yourself. If not good luck, I am in the body business and the good guys don't want to do it because there is no money in it. Remember, you get what you pay for with bodywork. Also people don't realize what materials cost to do a quality job on a car! Yeah you can spend $1000 on summit junk or eastwood stuff but its a waste of your money. I am seeing guys buy six pack cars and they know nothing about bodywork, they ask me to touch something up and they tell me the car was restored using Nason, or Limco, or Lessonal, or garbage that I never heard of. And they are paying big money for these cars. Flip side its not always a positive to buy a car finished because there are butchers doing shotty work. I don't know the answers but our hobby is the pits right now and I'm not sure I want to waste my time anymore. So my rant is over. I had to pull the trans again. I decided i did not like the way the scatter shield fit the Z bar so i purchased a factory bell and installed that. So far so good. We will see what the next adventure will be.

thumbnail_IMG_2857.jpg