Quote:

great info. what mag headers did you try, and do you have any pics of the interference with the steering shaft?

I tried to used the Summit (Made by Pacesetter) Headers. Here are a couple of pictures

They were a good quality but if you look at the tube drawing back from the #1 & #7 cylinder on the drivers side it curls farther out than the factory manifolds do and that curl ran straight into the steering shaft.

AndrewH you are probably right about it being too deep for the tank. I haven't actually tried to fit it yet. My first thought was to remove the pump from the monster size case and mount it to the factory 70 model pickup tube but I heard EFI systems like the baffles/reserve area around the pickup of the pump. I figured if I had to add baffles to keep the EFI system fed properly I may try to use the whole cartridge from the 95 tank. Maybe I am just over thinking the whole thing. I don't think my way will work but I won't be out any money if it doesn't. I will let you guys know.

I like the Air Cleaner from a Van/M body but for me I want to really call attention to the fact it's a late model engine and I figure the late model Air Cleaner box would only add to the look. Now you have me thinking though. I have a 440 and a 340 4BBl Air Cleaner I may have to see if they will clear. One great think about this thread is I am so juiced to try some of these new Ideas you guys are giving me.

How much room do you guys consider safe for the hood clearance? I have about 1" right now.