Originally Posted By AndyF
I haven't done a back to back test with Stealth or RPM heads vs. the Trick Flow heads but I've built a few engines with each. The Trick Flow heads make more power that OOTB Edelbrock heads that is for sure. I'd say around 50 hp more with a street cam and up to 100 hp more with a race cam. Which makes sense when you look at the flow charts and use the old 2 hp per cfm rule.

My pump gas 470 makes 700 hp with the 240 heads. If I put OOTB Edelbrock heads on there I'm sure it would drop it down into the low 600 range. I've tested enough 600 hp Edelbrock engines to know about where they end up on the dyno.

For Tony's engine I'd predict about 50 hp increase with the TF heads with a modest performance cam. I like the Mopar .528 solid in an engine like that or something similar. Mild enough to drive on the street without beating you to death but has just enough area under the curve to pull hard to 6000 rpm and make 550 or 600 hp.

Thanks Andy. It seems like starting from scratch, the tf240's are the way to go, hands down. If you need rockers, pushrods and a head capable of 700+ hp. I'm sure it would not make great sense for me to shell out 3 grand to gain 50 hp. If my crane Gold rockers could work and then I sell the stealths, it makes a little more sense. And I'm not totally opposed to cam change for bigger gains.

2 kids and a dog