Originally Posted By madscientist
Your engine builder is WRONG and the geometry isn't correct. Is it good enough? Maybe. Is it correct? Nope.

Why push it? You've spent all the time and money. Fix the geometry. If the engine builder thinks half assed geometry is good enough, I'd be finding a new engine builder.

He definitely didn't say it was correct, but didn't seem worried about it having problems for my setup knowing that I was trying to make this all work on a tight budget. Not arguing with you, just specifying what he said. I spent way more on this engine than I ever planned to, not that I expect a good build to be cheap...but this was a terrible foundation in the first place to do what I wanted to do with it. I was mainly just throwing it together to have fun with using parts I had lying around or bought second hand for cheap and I was just planning on running it until I can get my other LSX powered project car finished. After that, I was hoping to do a gen 3 hemi in this car or a 5.3 LM7 I've been using for mockup in my LSX car. Most of my friends are making more power with their junkyard 5.3's than I'd ever be confident pushing through this LA block.

I'm listening though, and taking everything I am hearing into consideration. What would be involved with fixing the geometry? Not really sure how I'd go about doing that, as of now there is no interference with any parts, but it looks like if those pushrods straightened out even a little bit more then the heads would have to be clearanced. That's just not going to happen. I'd most likely try to sell the LA stuff off and start over with a late model, it would save me a lot of headaches in other ways as well as I'm still dealing with major FITECH tuning issues on E85 and blower belt alignment/tension issues on the procharger bracket I built. If there is something I can do that would be fairly easy/cheap, then I'll do it.

Last edited by 1mean340; 04/12/18 02:56 PM.