OK, well I may have over-reacted a little on the clearances. The gap between the cylinder 5 rockers that I thought was 1/4" was actually about 36 thousands when I checked it with the feeler gauge. it felt like a lot more...yes this is embarassing LOL

as far as the roller tips being centered forward to back, they appear to be good but I am going to try to snap some pics of them because it is hard to see with the motor in the car. I can't get my head low enough to really get a good view.

My builder said the geometry was funky but he didn't think it would be an issue on a low rpm engine. The last engine the ran on looked about the same and he was taking it up to 7500 IIRC. Not saying it's good, but maybe good enough? I really don't know. I'm just going by what I'm being told.

Poly, makes sense that the lash was changing as i slid the rocker side to side, as you said, it would be changing the pushrod angle as you moved it. I take it the large 36 thousanths clearance is causing that as the others barely move

What I am also worried about is can they be too tight side to side? Most of these rockers seem extremely tight side to side. I mean you can move them freely up and down when they are off the valve but some of them I can't feel any side to side movement. I need to find the rest of my feeler gauges to check but I'm pretty sure most of them are less than .015 of clearance. I could be wrong though, as I just called 39 thousandths a 1/4 inch LOL

Mr P body, i will snap some pics of that.

Last edited by 1mean340; 03/27/18 07:36 PM.