Eek, the motor was already run for about 500 miles (those pics were prior to first startup hence the clean ports). I trusted my engine builder with the assembly, only noticed this when I was about to adjust hotlash after the first oil change.

I will check on the front to back centering, I really hope that's right or this could turn into a real PITA 😡

Is less than .015 of clearance ok? It looks like some don't have shims, and the cylinder#1 pair I don't think even has that much. I assume I'll need at least that for expansion so they don't rub.

FWIW this is a low rpm engine, won't see over 6500 (supercharged). The heads/valvetrain I bought on here from a member a few years back, I didn't know much about setting these up so I just gave it to my engine builder to do along with the rest of the motor. Only noticed a tiny bit of metal on the drain plug during the first oil change , no sign of anything crazy but i'll definitely check the push rod clearance was figuring my builder already did all this for how much I paid 🙁

Last edited by 1mean340; 03/27/18 03:26 PM.