Originally Posted By justinp61
Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY

Even if a line is kinked but not totally closed
off that pressure will finally equal out on that
line..in a period of time.. same thing as a prop
valve... this just hyd 101
wave

Understood, the proportioning works an adjustable orifice restricting flow, thus initially pressure too. In a closed system like brakes the pressure will eventually equalize on both sides of the orifice.

Right now I just want to find why my pressure isn't where it needs to be on the initial pedal pump.

The proportioning valve is out and the union is in. Have to work tonight so hopefully tomorrow I'll re bleed the fronts and see what I have.

Thanks, Justin.

I have never seen an aftermarket proportioning valve that worked or functioned this way. Every adjustable prop valve I’ve ever come across is an accumulator/spring that can only reduce pressure... not flow. This is why opening / unscrewing the valve decreases pressure (less spring load absorbs more fluid into the small accumulator. I guess technically flow is slightly reduced by the fact that a vey small amount of fluid is absorbed in the accumulator, but there is no flow orfice.
Also, pressure will not equalize using any of the adjustable proportioning valves I’ve used. Can anyone show me one of these flow style valves? Maybe I’m missing something.

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"