Originally Posted By AndyF

I've read that article a few times and I think it needs some editing for clarity. I don't think the author ever says how the cams were installed. Were they all installed straight up? He also doesn't talk about the big effect that LSA can have on valve to piston clearance. And I think some of his conclusions are wrong. He says the 101 LSA cam has a wider powerband but I think that is wrong. Looks to me like the 101 cam falls off faster than the others.

The 101 does Fall off faster at the Top of the rpm, past 5600. I guess it depends on where you start and stop your power band measurements.

If you look at his dyno graphs, the 101 LSA did have the Wider Stronger power band up to 5600 rpm

Now if you compared the 101 LSA from say 5000 to 6500, clearly the other two cams had the wider power band. In this case, if you had a 5000 stall vert, the wider LSA cams would be the better choice. A 4000 stall vert, probably the 101, just by the visual of the graph. Didn't spec the numbers out. 1500 vert, the 101 Blows the wider LSA cams away.

With that said, wouldn't want the 101 LSA cam in my race car.

Edit, And Dave, yes I have the specs for the MP 590. I will post them up for you later.

Last edited by Sport440; 02/22/18 10:41 PM.