Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
So, peak to peak, what was the difference between the two cams?

Turns out I don't have a clean A to B test with the same exact parts on both engine due to the problems I had with the vacuum pump. I wasn't able to run the QRI cam with a vacuum pump since I had issues with it so all of my current testing is with breathers. The engine is making right around 750 hp with the QRI cam using breathers.

I made 775 hp with the HXL cam using a vacuum pump and Wilson Indy. I made 745 hp with the HXL cam using breathers but with the M1 Wilson intake. (std port intake) I never tested the HXL cam with breathers and the Indy Wilson intake so I don't have that as a baseline.

My guess is that the HXL cam with breathers and the Indy Wilson intake would hit 755 or 760 hp in an A to B test but I wouldn't be surprised to be wrong.

Another thing is the weather. The last few days have had cold air so the correction factor is negative. Even thought the correction factor is only a few percent different than the previous tests, that is enough difference to throw some doubt on the comparison.