Originally Posted By Dave Hall
. To be honest, the thrill has waned for me too and I am just not interested in an imported commuter box turned race car. Camry! Let's Go Places!!! How about back to fukken JAPAN!!!

I hear you! When Camry's & other econoboxes started racing it killed it for me too. Even in TF/FC, it turns my stomach to watch a bunch of clone bodies with a sticker kit go at it with essentially the same hardware. I'd much rather watch bracket or Nostalgia classes. I used to be an avid Nascar fan too, not any more, same reason. Then there's the stupid "playoffs" or "Chase" or whatever. Its like the more they try to commercialize and mainstream the sport the worse it gets. The only motorsports that I find remotely interesting on TV these days is IMSA, MotoGP, and Supercross. Strong brand loyalty, strong semblance of showroom PERFORMANCE machines, and production-based bodies/motors. A lot of the young guys these days are into Drift and Rally, what do you suppose the common theme is there?

Its not hard, NASCAR and NHRA had it figured out 50 years ago, they just went stupid with "new" ideas.

'68 Bee 383/TF/Factory Air...high school sweetheart
'67 GTX Clone project,500 six pack,Hemi4-speed,Dana
05 Dodge Viper, 505 V-10, 6-speed Tremec