So I have spent time tuning the carb up. It was running stupid rich at idle, so I changed the jets down from 78's to 76's. Made a nice improvement, but it still has a little stumble just off idle. The accelerator pump discharge nozzles are working fine, and at the right time, but they are putting a lot of fuel down the carb when in use. They are .045, I ordered .035's today from summit. I'll try that and see if it helps. Some tinkering with the idle mix screws have helped, but not 100% cured. it's a street avenger 870.

I drove it home from the shop Monday 7/1. I put the top down, and proceeded to get sprinkled with fluid for the top's hydraulic system. Looks like it seeped out a hose somewhere, but I can't find the leak. Now it has an air pocket in it, but isn't leaking anymore.. Gonna have the upholstery shop that's doing the top go through it and make sure it's 100% right.

I put some miles on it Monday and Tuesday, and broke 100 miles taking it to the upholstery shop this morning at drop-off. The temp stays nice and steady at about 180, verified by an infrared temp gun at the radiator inlet too, so the temp gauge is working good.

It should be done at the upholstery shop late tomorrow. After that, I take it back to Richard's so we can install the rest of the interior, and he has some touch-ups to do on the car.

driving1.jpgdriving2.jpgdriving3.jpg

-Jarrod Pilone
'70 Plymouth RR Convertible with amazing custom paint(Tribute/Recreation/Whateveryouwannacallit)
My Project Thread