Y'all remember Murphy's Law???
I just got a refresher course...
So I order the entire wood package for the wall framing...3 days later I find I have had a bad dishwasher leak that was leaking under the new (5 year old) flooring and the cabinets in my kitchen... rant
So the package comes and I stack everything on the slab where I want it... up
Seeing as how I'm a$$hole deep into the middle of replacing flooring and cabinets in the kitchen I decide to wait till the rainy season is over before starting framing...
Meanwhile I'm looking at the kitchen thinking..."Boy now would be the time to knock out a wall and make everything open concept"..."maybe a new glass tile back splash and all new counter tops with low voltage lighting underneath"..."new Hickory cabinets and LVP flooring"...
One of these days I'll learn to not think out loud... fan
Of course the Kitchen-witch loves all of this and needless to say she gets what she wants... realcrazy
So now I have the kitchen "nearly" put back together enough to live in...Dad decides its time to start framing the garage... tired
We started by shooting the laser over the top plate checking it for up and down and found out that in a total of 96 linear feet (both ends and the back returning to both front corners) I only have about 1/16" variance in elevation.
My hats off to the masons to come 16+ courses high with block and be that accurate. bow
It's a shame whoever framed my kitchen floors couldn't have been that close... rant
If you haven't been paying attention I live on a bit of a slope...like 26 degrees where the garage is being built... frowwn
That makes for some interesting climbing to get where you need to be sometimes...After careful consideration Dad came up with a plan that so far has seemed to work very well... up
So the shop walls will be 10' above the concrete floor. which means the top of them will be about 19' above the ground in the back...
Check out this homemade scaffolding system to be able to work at several locations at once... up

Scaffold 1.jpgScaffold 2.jpgScaffold 3.jpgScaffold 4.jpg

...FAFO...