Originally Posted By larry4406
Wow.

Why did you use block vs poured foundation walls? Avoiding cost of pump? Access issues?

Could not tell from the pictures, but the interior block wall at the front of the basement I would have waterproofed as well.

Will be a nice shop when done.

After numerous attempts to have 3 separate contractors bid on this I finally got one that did a site visit.
Because of the location being so far from the road and where a pump truck could actually set up and then be loaded by cement trucks it wasn't feasible. Its about 75' to the front away from a somewhat level portion of ground near the road. Originally that was the plan using the forms that would simulate brick for the outside.
The center wall at the basement only received tar 4' high with a drainage pipe at the bottom. With 15' of interior concrete slab in front of it and the front foundation dropping down a little over 3' I don't think water can get there.
I called the local contractor who did the excavation about this also. After looking at it he thought it was overkill to go 4' high but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
I have also ran a pipe from the front rh corner underground to the alley in the rear that will attach to a trench drain in front of the concrete aprons to the garage floor.
With the water filter material buried in the gravel about 20' wide this should catch the majority of water in a heavy rain from ever being able to get underground to cause a problem.
The last drawing indicates the pipe in purple, the dark grey at the doors is a 3' concrete apron and the dark area is the filter media buried in the gravel.

141.jpg142.jpg151.jpgTrench drain.png

...FAFO...