Originally Posted By Frankenduster
I sit in wonder as to why some people complain so damn much. I understand that this is not an inexpensive upgrade but WHY don't people ask more questions or do more research before reaching for the credit card? I read from people that must have a rosy view, buying stuff on total faith that it will be a perfect fit without any "brain work" at all. Do these same people buy crate motors or actually build them themselves?
I am not an expert at anything automotive but I do have some skills. I am bright enough to understand that some parts require some slight modifications to work.
Any Holley carburetor needs a throttle adapter if the car has an automatic transmission. Sometimes headers need a few dings to clear a torsion bar or steering linkage.

I don't see this as needing an adapter or adjustment; I see this as defective pieces or a part made to sub-par specs. And as a guy who builds these cars for a living, I can tell you if a company doesn't make a part that fits, we build it from scratch. We have a running joke at our shop when we buy "bolt on parts" like this. We sarcastically say: "Bolt on parts that you can install with basic hand tools in your driveway on a Saturday!" while we are chucking up a spacer in the lathe or mounting the "bolt on part" into the mill before we get ready to TIG weld an adapter together. You get the idea.

Companies have 3 ways of dealing with this.
-Like this case it's deny deny deny and then try to blame the cars, installers, weather, gravitational pull of the moon. anything but the product; While claiming "Call me! I have the magic bullet!" While other installers are actually providing tech help and doing the homework that the original manufacturer and resellers should have done in the first place during R&D.
-Build pieces to a good average spec after test fitting on numerous chassis' and provide detailed instructions on pit falls and problems (and a lot of shims)while providing robust support on the forums and over the phone while also visiting installers shops to help folks new to the product.
-Just build [censored] products and make as much money as you can until people figure out they've got better options and your company goes [censored] up and leave the community and customers helpless.