Originally Posted By OzHemi
Elaborate in regards to what ?
the 3 link vs the watt's link kit i posted

Originally Posted By BigBlockMopar
Why not keep it stock(-ish) for now, take it to a circuit and then decide if upgrades are needed?

This isnt my first mopar, I previously had a 73 duster with a moderate 360, around 450 hp in it, i put 1.03 bars in it and mopar super stock springs and it handled alright but not perfect, lot of understeer and the back end stepped out from time to time rather unpredictably, it ended up catching fire and burning it and my shop down 2 years ago, probably from me skimping and using 40 yr old wiring, so im starting over.

I'm not exactly a novice/beginner with road racing, I'm 31, been doing it now since i got my drivers license and dad made me do SCCA auto cross, said that was the best way for me to find out exactly what the car would do and do it safely. His goal was to keep me from racing, well that didnt work.

My biggest reasons for upgrading my suspension from the good factory mopar are:

Adjustability, I want to play with spring rates and roll centers this go around. I've already upgraded to a tubed K frame and coil overs upfront. May as well do the rear too.
Leaf springs just dont provide that. My only tuning tool would be shocks and maybe an adjustable sway bar if i stayed leafs.

Last edited by dusterpt440; 09/04/16 11:09 AM.