Originally Posted By jcc
Good numbers and good research, but, the conclusion with the above info is IMo, if you are satisfied with 73+ Mopar spindles, forged M2 spindles/bearings are not much of an improvement. work

Thank you.

Never said they were. I'm merely disagreeing with the theory that mustang ii spindles and bearings are more failure prone than mopar spindles. I just see that everytime someone talks about one of these tubular K frame kits. Kind of gets old after awhile so I decided to look into it. I was actually expecting to find some credence to this theory or myth about the mustang bearings, was actually surprises just how close the ratings are. Ive even searched the pro touring and road race forums for 2 hrs this morning trying to find reports of mustang ii bearing failures. Couldn't. I also didn't find any for mopars either. So if it is happening, it must not be common. Or its just a busted Internet myth. Thats all I can conclude anyway.

The biggest reason these companies are using the mustang ii spindles is the front steering and Ackerman reasons. There's no way to make a rear steering rack and pinion work because of the Ackerman issues of the factory spindles. On top of that, in order to clear the rack, the engine would have to be raised a full 1 to 2 inches. Before ordering my GTS last year, I was actually trying to make a rack from an 3000gt work. And it would have, but the rack would have hit the oil pan. So I can see why the mustang ii is used. I don't think it's because it's a better spindle overall, it just works better in the packaging they're trying to do. So it's more of necessity then a performance thing, at least to start with.

Last edited by csmopar; 09/10/16 05:52 PM.