Originally Posted By 68HemiB
Originally Posted By autoxcuda
Originally Posted By 68HemiB
Originally Posted By alltime
68HemiB, I got your check! We'll get you squared away on the twisty bits!

Excellent.up

Now, all I need to do is figure out if I have made a grave mistake by reserving a room right in town at the Devonshire. I talked with some [Rosamond] locals at the SoCal LX show this weekend, and they painted a less-than-flattering picture. But then... they're local and never actually stay there - they only drive by.
shruggy

Tim would know the hotels. I think most stay at one place.

popcorn

Still looking for some feedback on where to stay. I picked The Devonshire merely because it was one of the suggestions on the Willow Springs site. If no one want to come right out and use terms like "bedbugs" or "crackheads", then perhaps a recommendation on whatever alternate passes for "the host hotel"?

Where do youse guys hang?? shruggy

Host Hotels come and go do to getting converted into a retirement center, or closing your bar at 8 pm ... we will definately void a contract for pulling that crap! This year I couldn't find any place That would pass as Host Hotel. For convenience some are staying at the Devonshire on Rosemond Blvd, east of the fwy 1 block. It works. $90 is kinda pricey for what you get.

The Hot Tip this year is bring a sleeping bag and sleep in someones race trailer at the track. You dont need permission. Happy hour and grille all evening. Finally go to bed when you cant find anyone to fix your car, or get tired of everyones [censored]. Then wake up to the sound of race engines and the orange glow of sunrise on Willow Springs Mountain. Dont forget to wear your Race Suit Jammies.