Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
From the stuff I've had the chance to dyno, and seeing them put into various cars with differing levels of "race effort" into the overall package, I look at the dyno results and feel if the car is on the "good" end of the spectrum, the numbers will be pretty close to the Moroso scale. For anything that is leaning more towards strip than street, you should be well within a 10% margin. For cars that are really more street oriented and seldom see track time, the numbers can (and often are) way off.
Also, obviously, if you race in an area where the weather conditions aren't conducive to making power(like Denver for example), that needs to be factored into it.

Yes it seems to me that cars around the low to high 9 sec zone seem to come out more or less ok and in the 3>3500lb mark, when you get to the lighter cars and stockers it seems to go off a bit, they will normally 60 better of course...you can get the figures to match your slip but without actual dyno no's as a guide its only a rough guess as to the actual hp shown. Unfortunately we don't do dyno's in a big way here unless its a max effort car. Just as an example of the weight/mph I ran with the Cuda, 10.7@125 3000lbs Wallace said 484flyhp. Now as we are all Mopar here would you say this spec was anywhere near that number?.....not easy really but your thoughts?

10:1 SCR, SP bottom end, CC.650"/290@.050dur solid flat tappet, single plain, 2" open spacer 850DP, 2" f/wells, 2.14/1.81 906's, approx 255cfm, doubt if much more, moroso motor/belt driven w/pump, no alternator, MSD 6A, ran real good, 98 octane fuel, 38 total, car went 1.46 60, always hooked well, but not that hard (4.5psi in slicks), big mistake!!...does that sound like 484hp to you guys? anyone run anything similar, apart from a cam like that with such a low CR.......or is it a case of how long is a piece of string..........probably the latter.

Last edited by rb446; 02/13/16 01:09 AM.

1969 'Cuda 446ci, best 9.96@133.9 in 1990
1971 340 'Cuda, best 11.01@122.8 in 1987