Originally Posted By Tig
Apologies for the Hi-jacking, I've been looking at this too. What has always concerned me is how they match the rear suspension, for example, if you are using Caltracs, can you get the recommended rise / extension of 5 inches? (IIRC)

My car is street/strip and runs Cal-Tracs and not real fast, it ran high 6.50s with the 408 and who knows what it'll run with the 434. I need the travel for my car to work. If I understood what I read I can use my Strange brakes as they are on the large 73 and up spindle.

I e-mailed Carl Gerst and asked about the travel on his coil over conversion and about using it on the street too.

His reply to the travel question:
On the coilover for stock k frame, at the wheel is just a hair over 5", I'd like more, but can't get a longer coilover in without hitting something unfortunately, if you braced the original shock tower with a down tube/roll cage, and mounted into the original shock tower itself, you get get a coilover long enough to get over 6" of travel.

About driving it on the street:
Oh yeah!
This setup is far stronger than factory, and much smoother, no binding on the strut rods either, like the factory ones, all in all, much more stable front suspension.