Originally Posted By dvw
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By dvw
If you trim the K-frame the pan will come right off with the drag link pulled. If you drill the outer tie rod locations, idler arm and pitman arm holes in the drag link you can insert tapered spacers in the holes. Now the entire steering linkage comes off with 4 nuts. The headers don't appear to be an issue. What steering issues, bump steer? caster? easily fixed. This would be my cheap solution.
Doug

I really like this idea as with other projects it would keep costs down. What do you think of this system Doug as I could get rid of the tortion bars, use my brakes, free up some room, and have some more adjust-ability. I would still have to deal with bump steer but from the way you sound its doable.

Not familiar with them. Doesn't look bad from a glance. I can tell you the torsion bars really haven't been an issue for me. If they bother you and you have to buy shocks anyway then I could see this kit as an option. My car has offset control arm bushings, less than a $100 in modified strut rods, tie rod sleeves, and heims. It drives straight at 150mph and front suspension is square. Just took a little effort, but pretty straight forward. This shot shows how square the front stays.
Doug

http://www.gerstsuspensions.com/coil-over-conversion-kit.html

That car looks and runs GREAT. Nice job on the front suspension. When I get a chance and an empty bay in my shop I will move this car over and check the front end out. Thanks for the sugestions

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time