Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Originally Posted By Evil Spirit
The governor may not be fully retracting and is letting some pressure bleed through.

As a funny FYI - a local trans shops fix for a sticky 518 governor was to put one of the snake oils in the fluid, and "rattle" the governor by tossing it into park at about 10MPH. I'm guessing that particular step wasn't included in the shift kit instructions.

All Ive ever had by stuffing any trans into park
at low speed was the ratcheting of the parking paw
till it locked into park.. I dont understand what
would be accomplished by that.. other than ripping
the park gear or the paw apart.. wave:

Yup. Think of where the park gear and the governor body is located. Both the parking pawl gear and the governor body are a part of the output shaft. The vibration from the ratcheting of the pawl teeth is what "rattles" the sticky governor, along with the snake oil. You don't let it grind to a stop - it's a quick in and out. I'm not blaming anybody for not wanting to try it - just saying I've seen it done, and it worked. Like I said - I doubt if you will see that tip in any manual, but I know of several techs that swear by it. Sure is easier to try than ripping out a t/case and the O/D extension housing. If it doesn't work, it had to come apart, anyways. cool

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........