"First thing to check is to remove one of the rocker arm shafts and then slowly spin the oil pump shaft by hand using a speed wrench. If you don't get oil then the cam bearing is installed wrong. If you do get oil then you don't have a problem.

Andy I already took off one of the shafts and turned over the motor with the starter with the oil pump shaft in place and saw no oil. That should have done it don't you think???

Also,isn't there a possibility there is a plug missing under the timing chain cover somewhere? I remember reading about this in a search on the subject. Do I have to take the timing cover off to see or can I see up there with the oil pan removed?
I also had a hard time priming this motor if you remember from a previous post. It would not prime until I remover the oil filter and ran the drill with the filter off . It then primed . Do you think it could have anything to do with the oil filter?

"You need to find those two spots where the oil holes are in line perfectly at 4th cam journal and prime away at those two spots. You should see oil. "

Would it not hit those spots while turning the motor over with the starter?

Thanks Mike

Last edited by 70satelliteguy; 09/21/14 09:33 PM.