Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

http://thitek.net/news/jesses-200mph-challenger-hot-rod-magazine/

Quote:

Built by Spankin Time Performance in San Bernardino, California, Jesse Iwuji’s Challenger uses a Darton-sleeved, 408ci Hemi stroker crank from Scat spinning a set of Carillo rods and CP pistons. The engine also has ThiTek heads and a 4.2L Kenne Bell supercharger that runs as much as 22 psi of boost on E85. The exhaust uses OVX long tube headers, Bassani mid-pipes, and Flowmaster Super 40–Series mufflers.

The 912 rwhp gets to the ground by way of an SHR transmission, a DSS driveshaft, and the stock differential and axles with 3.06 gears. With that combo, Jesse became the fifth modern Mopar to break the 200-mph barrier in the standing mile, running 200.9 mph. He’s also run 174 mph in the half-mile, which is the same speed our showroom-stock ’13 Dodge Challenger SRT ran in a mile and a half.

http://www.nmcadigital.com/2013/09/19/br...r-for-rob-goss/

i guess some R&D must be goin on

The be blunt........so what...........ain't nothing about that really impressive. A new HEMI with a blower that makes a little north of 1100hp.......Trust me, that is NOT tough to do with any decent smallblock of ANY make.

And where is the R&D part of it. You take a decent shortblock, put some good heads on it........add boost. Easy power, been done for years. Because its a Mopar, we think it is something spectacular, when really it is run of the mill........and THAT is the reason the Mopar aftermarket is not supportive. Not enough people out there doing it

Monte

What's impressive Monty is the fact for the first time in Mopar history we have a production head that surpasses the capability of the block.
Is the New hemi the end all be all? Hell no, but if they would make the design bigger for a big block version and so on. I think it would be easier to made big power and possibly cheaper to build.
Monty your in the one percentile. Your stuff is all custom and reworked from top to bottom.
IMO the New Hemi allow people to make some good steam without going to race oriented on the build. Matt

You are right, the new HEMI is impressive and as impressive as it is, once again you are limited on blocks. So you can only build what is capable in the confines of a stock block. Does Ford have that issue........NO..........does Chevy have that issue........NO. All I and others are saying, is why as a group do we have to just settle for what we can GET and be happy with it. I want MORE and if you don't complain, or let the powers that be know how you feel, what do you think they are going to do.........NOTHING is the answer.

Big block version of the new HEMI.............a 5.0 version of the new HEMI..........yeah, I won't be holding my breath for that one.

And Mr Runner is all wound up about the fact that I am putting a proven combo in my car that I know will go fast. He thinks it is because it is FREE...........and that doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. Has to do with what I know the competition has and the fact that I know without a doubt, that the parts do not exist in this world for me to make the same power, inch for inch, with a Mopar wedge as the other guys can. Like thats MY fault. Hell, I WANT the parts to do it with a MOPAR and would buy them, they just don't exist. He can't see the forest for the trees. Sheer will, determination, grit and loyalty are all great things..........but those qualities don't matter if you don't have anything to apply them to. I am NOT an engineer. I CAN'T design the parts, but that doesn't keep me from wanting some and expressing my disappointment in the fact they aren't out there.

If I was not really a MOPAR guy, I wouldn't CARE that I can't get what I want

Monte