Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

http://thitek.net/news/jesses-200mph-challenger-hot-rod-magazine/

Quote:

Built by Spankin Time Performance in San Bernardino, California, Jesse Iwuji’s Challenger uses a Darton-sleeved, 408ci Hemi stroker crank from Scat spinning a set of Carillo rods and CP pistons. The engine also has ThiTek heads and a 4.2L Kenne Bell supercharger that runs as much as 22 psi of boost on E85. The exhaust uses OVX long tube headers, Bassani mid-pipes, and Flowmaster Super 40–Series mufflers.

The 912 rwhp gets to the ground by way of an SHR transmission, a DSS driveshaft, and the stock differential and axles with 3.06 gears. With that combo, Jesse became the fifth modern Mopar to break the 200-mph barrier in the standing mile, running 200.9 mph. He’s also run 174 mph in the half-mile, which is the same speed our showroom-stock ’13 Dodge Challenger SRT ran in a mile and a half.

http://www.nmcadigital.com/2013/09/19/br...r-for-rob-goss/

i guess some R&D must be goin on

The be blunt........so what...........ain't nothing about that really impressive. A new HEMI with a blower that makes a little north of 1100hp.......Trust me, that is NOT tough to do with any decent smallblock of ANY make.

And where is the R&D part of it. You take a decent shortblock, put some good heads on it........add boost. Easy power, been done for years. Because its a Mopar, we think it is something spectacular, when really it is run of the mill........and THAT is the reason the Mopar aftermarket is not supportive. Not enough people out there doing it

Monte

Well, these guys are out there doing it......and not taking the easiest and cheapest path....or copying someone elses combo....

Dude you are such a hater and so brand loyal, you can't see whats right in front of your eyes............You think it costs ANY less to build a blown LS motor to do the SAME thing that Hemi does........the answer is NO.............And they are NOT copying what anybody else did huh...........OK, guess nobody has EVER built a good short block from run of the mill ordinary parts, put some nice aftermarket heads on it, with a blower and made 1100 hp............ I can get a Kenne Bell supercharger kit for my Mercedes........The fact that these guys chose to do it with a Mopar.........admirable..........ground breaking......hardly.

Guys like you always cry about how CHEAP high HP Chevys are to build..........horsesh%t..........you obviously haven't priced any nice parts lately for the other guys. And don't be bringing that weak crap in here and start comparing prices for the top of the line Mopar head and the bargain basement off brand stuff. Comparable heads cost comparable money.......don't matter what block they bolt on. And a sleeve is a sleeve, a crank is a crank, a piston is a piston and so on. Just because it goes in a Mopar makes it cost no more.

Monte