Well, I found the oil leak, still in the intake. I pulled it after seeing oil on the gasket with the carbs off. I pulled the intake and sure enough, the bottom of the gaskets are soaked.I have built 12 Big Block Chevys, not to mention other GM products, I am ready to trade this piece of @$%^ for the first GTO or Chevelle I can find! What a POS design! I guess I will re measure the angle and try to mill the #%^&*$# intake to try to get it to seal. What a POS design, what with the angle and 2-1/2"x 1/4" bolts, it is a wonder that Mopar sold as many of these POS as they did! They leaked oil like
a screen door on a submarine. It is no wonder that "original" engines are so rare in HEMI cars! They all ran out of oil! I wondered when I read original road tests that claimed that a quart of oil was needed with every fill up! I don't know how they ever made a 500 mile race in the sixties without blowing up! And talking about a pain in the @$# to work on! Try pulling the valve covers and intake TWICE with power brakes! POS!