Quote:

Quote:

I just don't buy this "it is a HEMI so it is going to use oil, put up with it". I built 12 big block Chevy's, all the way to an all aluminum ZL-1 before most of the world knew there was one, NONE of them used oil. My last one was 11.6 to 1 steel head in a full size 70 Chevelle with air, 3:31 gear, turbo 400 and after 500 miles, it got 30 weight Mobile 1. Never leaked or used oil. That was in 95'. Same engine still in car, sold it to a buddy and it still doesn't use oil. Hell, I used to drive it on weekend trips, several hundred miles on 93 no lead, remember 11.6 to 1., iron heads, 4,000lb. Careful hand blending piston dome, Zero deck height, combustion chamber work and distributor curve WITH vacume advance! Don't tell me that I can't build a HEMI that doesn't use oil!

A motor is a motor is a motor. If your's uses oil, fix it. It's no different than any other motor. If it's sealed it won't pull oil. If it's not it will, end of story. There plenty of Hemi's out there that don't suck oil. There's also plenty of B/B Chevy's that drink it. If you've built plenty of motors that worked you should have a going working knowledge of what it takes. The fact that it's a Hemi has nothing to do with it.
Just my 2 cents
Doug

I think that the fact that it is a Hemi does have something to do with it.

Sucking oil into the intake is not a frequent problem with 440s and such. But with these Hemiroids it is an ongoing issue. Personally, I have never had this problem on any of my big blocks. And I often re-use the valley pan.

But most Hemis I have been around have had to deal with this at one time or another.

Is it because of the angle of the intake bolts?

Just my

Master, again and still