Quote:

How much travel the front needs has absolutely ZERO to do with anything about the rear suspension, what type, or what size tire you have. It has to do with car setup, weight percentage, power and how much (if any) pitch rotation your car needs to hook.

I have seen leaf spring cars need 4" and I have seen leaf spring cars need 1".......same with ladder bars and 4-links.

Every time there is a Calvert post, it is immediately said that "Calvert says" you need 5"............maybe on a low hp something that needs a LOT of pitch rotation, but usually not on anything with power and a decent tire.

And if you car won't hook with ladder bars, big tires and 3" or so of front travel..........the front is NOT the problem

Monte

I never said the frontend was a problem. I have had this frontend since 2007 and have put nearly 2000 passes on and it has held up great. The original OP wanted opinions so I gave mine. With my kind of racing I need repeatability not just fast times so when a car varies in the 60' it makes things a lot harder on me to do my job. I have tried many things over the years to solve my issues including different front springs, custom valved front shocks, different driveshaft angles, ladder bar angles, rear shock settings, rear ride height, front ride height, moved weight around, and tire sizes. Nothing has really helped and when the tracks get hot around here which is from May-September I would really like more frontend travel.

2013 NHRA D4 Stock Champ
#4 in the World IHRA Stock
2x IHRA Div.4 Stock Champ
14x Track Champ
All using a Ultimate Converter Concepts converter. Call Lenny today 704-892-6837