I have been running alcohol for quite a few years(Rons Terminators)with a vacuum pump,my engine see's 180 degrees when I first crank it using the lean out valve to build temp.so I can shut it off and let it heat sink(aluminum rods)it never milks the oil.As long as my water temp. is a 140 degrees are higher when I pull into staging thats fine with me,most times by the end of the run its around 150 degrees,I turn the fan on and by the time I drive back to my pit its down to 140 degrees I turn everything off and hook the battery charger up only,no cool down of any kind needed.It repeats the numbers and is just as fast as when the temp. is at 180-190 degrees.I'm a Bracket Racer so it has to repeat,I don't understand the need for 180-190 degree temp. in an engine.A lot of times when you milk the oil all you need do is lean out the barrel valve at idle.
I will set my combined barrel valve & shut off valve then adjust it to help build heat in the engine either way colder or hotter and the throttle response is much better set this way.

PS sometimes we over look the simple things,when we have a problem.

Last edited by MRMOPAR622; 06/28/14 07:38 PM.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"