Quote:

I think much of the poor opinion of American cars comes from the dealer experience. People will judge a brand by the dealer, fair or not. I have dealt with over a dozen dealers in my car buying and parts buying years. None were excellent experiences. Only one or maybe two were what I'd call decent or fair. The rest poor. This covers 2 states and a half dozen cities. My experience with the Acura dealer was superb by contrast.

The poor dealer experience also leads people to not want to have regular maintenance/service done and then they wonder why they toasted their transmission at 150k miles.

Also, regarding transmissions, I notice that many of the import cars recommend transmission services every 30K miles, while GM recommends a 50K interval for city driven vehicles and 100K as a general recommendation. Also, the cheaper [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] cars have very harsh shifting transmissions, which adds to the longevity. However they still COOK the fluid in 30k miles. Ford did get smart and move their recommended intervals down to 30k also.

EDIT I guess we can't abbreviate Japanese anymore.

Last edited by GTX MATT; 11/06/13 02:47 PM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street