Compare interiors on a 2010 Charger and a 2012 Charger. That 2010 is crap in comparison to the much nicer 2012.

This is the kind of thing the auto writers get wrapped up about. When you compare the interior feel and exterior fit/finish to upscale cars from other markets there is a big difference.
There were miles of difference between a 2010 Charger/300 to a 2010 ES350 or GS350. In comparison the American cars are crap.

The US auto industry does not have a luxury car to compete with the foreign products. The Cadillac is crossing over from the near-luxury market to compete with Mercedes and Lexus but it's not there yet. Sure, it's nice but spend time behind the wheel of the luxury cars and differences become apparent.

One of the favorite moves of the Top Gear staff is pushing on the rear panel of the Corvette with their fingers. The whole back end squishes about. I can't think of a European car with the same issue. Even my smart isn't that squishy. That may not be a quality issue but it is definitely an attention to detail opportunity.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon