Dear fellow foreigners of Moparts,

As some of might know, I am Finnish student who studies currently in Michigan.
When I lived in Finland I noticed that lot of main stream publications talk always in negative way about American cars and the whole industry. Of course during the chapter 11 of GM and Chrysler there were negative things to talk about, but I noticed that nobody was so much interested of researching reasons behind the failures.
Main argument was "Quality is bad and people don't want to buy big cars compared to superior European and Japanese cars". Of course Finns (and any other nationalities) tend to lean more on the products that are commonly available on their markets, but I would have wanted to see even one editor/publisher who would go more in depth of the subjects. Of course there are publications (classic car magazines) who are more positive about american made cars, but they are not as much main stream.

How is US auto industry presented in your country? Do you think it's the same thing in all countries were Japanese/European cars dominate the markets and people have little knowledge of American cars?

I am currently working on a project at school and some answers would be good to hear! So, thank you in advance!

Markku