Quote:

Quote:

I think the real issue is that you pay much more for US product in a lot of countries than the local or Euro equivalent...tariff protection and import costs jack the price.

The real issue in the US is that other countries dump cheap crap on our shores.
The US consumer is a whooore. Gimme cheap! Gimme now!
Look! That Korean crap box is shiny and cheap. Buy now! Buy now!

There still isn't a ton of money to go around so the cheap garbage gets the nod. That's why I drive a smart. My old Concorde was facing serious repair bills and needed electronic parts no longer made. I wasn't ready to take on a major car payment so I flipped the granny car and leased a smart from work. Factor in the cost of the lease, insurance, and fuel bill and I find a cost of $42/month for a car with a warranty.

The U.S. consumers shop and buy PRICE that's why they sell more Craftman tools than Snap-on or Mac or any higher quality or higher priced tools...real mechanics will tell you the difference between higher quality tools, why they cost more and why they buy them. For what you pay for a Vette or most any Amereican manufacturer's vehicle here in the USA they are as good or better in VALUE as ANYTHING built period. You should check how many Euro countries buy Snap-on tools because of their QUALITY.