People, this thread was not meant to be who is better US or European manufacturers. I am sure, it would be never ending fight.

Quote:

What is said in Europe about American cars is largely a political issue. Another thing is the psychological issue. When the lie is repeated for decades it becomes the truth. American cars are an oddity to the average consumer. And it is always a safe bet to go with the masses in your opinions. Besides, the cars are so expensive here that it is also easy to hate what you can't afford but maybe that darn neighbor can.

And don't get me started on those topgear maroons...

I agree with Forwardlook. In Europe American cars were used to referred as symbols of capitalism - in the era of cold war you could easily see what ideology journalist was supporting.
I remember reading an old automotive magazines, in this magazine the same editor always from year to another, blamed American manufacturers about "cars are too big, too much chrome, fins were too tall, engines were too big and powerful, fuel consumption was too high, suspension is too soft, wood imitation on dashboard looks outdated"... This has nothing to do with quality. In my opinion it reflects more writers own agenda than any reasonable arguments. Not even once he was asking the question: "Why?", if product portfolio is different in USA than in Europe it doesn't mean it's bad quality. (This is not referring to any comments on the board, but on the articles this guy wrote).

Last edited by BigBlockHead; 11/06/13 01:41 AM.